NIH issued a reminder that revisions to approved Data Management and Sharing Plans require prior approval from the awarding IC. The request must be submitted via the Prior Approval Module in eRA Commons and submitted by a Signing Official. This function will be available in eRA Commons effective October 12, 2023.
Once in the Prior Approval Module, select “Prior Approval – Other Request.” The following information must be completed:
- Description: Enter “DMS Plan Revision” (without quotations).
- Effective Date: Enter the effective date of the requested changes.
- Justification Document: Provide the rationale and justification for the requested changes (PDF format).
- Budget Document: Provide if the revised DMS Plan impacts the budget. Include information for current and future budget periods. Note: This is not a supplement request (PDF format).
- Other Supporting Documents: Attach the revised DMS Plan (PDF format).
A screenshot of the Prior Approval Module is available here.